|Jan. 28th, 2006 @ 04:12 pm Damn these things are hard|
1. Grab the book nearest to you, turn to page 18, and find line 4.
R.E.M. - It's the End of the World as We Know It
"Level: Bard 0, Sor/Wiz 0" from The Primer of Practical Magic, a d20 expansion book
2.Stretch your left arm out as far as you can. Where are your fingers?
Just barely touching a black metal torchiere.
3.What is the last thing you watched on TV?
Da Ali G Show
4. Without looking, guess what time it is?
5. Now look at the clock. What is the actual time.
6. Besides the computer, what else can you hear?
Miscellaneous noises from apartments around Dawn's.
7. When did you last step outside? What were you doing?
On the way back from Best Buy, new DVD-R drive in hand.
8. Before you started this survey, what did you look at?
The Adventures of Captain Space!
9.What are you wearing?
Jeans, a Major League Gundam t-shirt, a gray flannel button-down shirt, socks, boxers, glasses, and a wristwatch.
10.Did you dream last night?
Yes, but it has since faded away.
11. When did you last laugh?
About ten minutes ago, when I was holding Dawn's nose hostage and she was sulking in adorable distress.
12. What is on the walls of the room you are in?
A variety of Dawn's posters and wall art; also some drapes.
13. Seen anything weird lately?
A week or two ago I was doing my laundry at two AM. I backed out of my apartment, dragging my laundry basket behind me, and then stopped dead. A woman with huge staring eyes is standing RIGHT BEHIND ME. I half-turn to face her, and we stand there, both startled, for a fraction of a second that stretches into an eternity. I notice that her pupils are the sizes of dinner plates, and that she's heavily pregnant. Then she says, "Oh. I am hallucinating" in a heavy Mexican accent, as if this explains everything. My first impulse is to say, "You and me both, sister," but instead I ask her if she's been sleepwalking. Much more at ease now, she reassures me, "No, I am hallucinating." I suggest she return to her apartment, she nods abstractedly, and when I turn around from picking my laundry basket back up, she's gone. That was pretty weird.
The twist is: I'M THE GHOST!!
14. What do you think of this quiz?
15. What is the last film you saw?
It was the Chronic (what?) cles of Narnia!
16. If you became a multi-millionaire overnight, what would you buy?
A nice well-deversified investment portfolio. At 10% return that'll give me an income of around $100k a year, depending on taxes and how "multi" a millionaire I am. Enough to live comfortably for the rest of my days, if I don't squander it too badly. Did you know that Oprah could give you a million dollars, and that wouldn't even be the day's INTEREST on her fortune? That's what we physicists call a metric asston of cash.
17. If you could change one thing about the world, regardless of guilt or politics, what would you do?
I would impress indelibly into the human mind a secular humanist viewpoint - an instinctual disregard for religion and ideology when forming policy, in favor of pragmatic concern for the maximization of human happiness.
18. Do you like to dance?
19. George W. Bush
He's as bad a President as we've ever had. It wouldn't be as bad if he were actually a conservative, but he can't even pull that off right. It's like he tried to be a moderate, but instead just picked up the worst qualities of each part of the political spectrum.
20. Imagine your first child is a girl, what do you call her?
Omega Stealth Weapon!
21. Imagine your first child is a boy, what do you call him?
22. Would you ever consider living abroad?
Yeah, sure. Depends where, though.
23. What do you want God to say to you when you reach the pearly gates?
"Hey, man. 'Sup?"
24. Tag 5 people to do this meme: Jesus, Buddha, Lao Tzu, Mohammad, Noah.